ABOUT KERALA BLOCKCHAIN ACADEMY
Kerala Blockchain Academy (KBA), is an initiative of the Government of Kerala under the Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management – Kerala(IIITM-K), for offering professional blockchain training in multiple domains. Power-packed with young technology enthusiasts and research scholars, KBA missions to embrace game-changing technology and bring qualitative changes to the world. The technology-driven institute promotes research, development, and entrepreneurship to spur blockchain adoption by leading enterprises and student communities. Since 2017, KBA has been serving as an exploratory research lab driven by curious and pioneering spirits. With many international collaborations including Blockchain Educational Network, InterWork Alliance, MLG Blockchain, KBA aims to explore the disruptive potential of blockchain technology for achieving social good. KBA is an Associate Member and Official Training Partner of the Linux Foundation Hyperledger Project. KBA also serves as a General Partner of the R3 consortium of Corda Blockchain. Backed by global mentors, trusted international partners, KBA stands tall in offering Blockchain Certification Programs, R&D activities, and Consultancy Services. KBA offers both online and offline blockchain courses for blockchain fanatics.
OUR PARTNERS AND COLLABORATORS
ABOUT CERTIFIED BLOCKCHAIN ASSOCIATE
Certified Blockchain Associate (CBA), is the flagship certification program offered by Kerala Blockchain Academy in collaboration with MLG Blockchain, Canada. The blockchain course is a first of its kind that offers a complete tour of the blockchain fundamentals for any new learner. The blockchain beginner program aims to simplify the daunting task of learning blockchain. Accommodating the latest happenings in the blockchain space, CBA acts as a perfect starting point for beginners to advance their careers in the blockchain ecosystem. While the major share of contents is theoretical, the key concepts are delivered through videos, demos, and hands-on exercises. The blockchain beginner program provides learners with a broad overview of the essential concepts of blockchain technology and the foundation necessary for developing applications and programs in multiple blockchain domains.
The blockchain course is a prerequisite for the advanced developer blockchain programs offered by KBA such as Certified Ethereum Developer (CED), Certified Hyperledger Developer - Fabric (CHDF) and Certified Hyperledger Developer - Sawtooth (CHDS) and Certified Corda Developer(CCD).
WHO CAN ENROL?
The course is designed to be non-technical, therefore, should be accessible to anyone with a basic understanding of web technologies. It serves as an introductory course of blockchain for students and professionals helping them understand the basic principles, concepts, potentials and technologies underlying blockchain. The course provides a high-level overview of the primary dimensions of the technology that people from any background can develop the critical skills needed to future-proof their career in blockchain.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
- Contemporary blockchain concepts like the evolution of currency and ledgers.
- Principles and technologies underlying blockchain including Hashing, Merkle trees, Public-Key Cryptography, Digital Signatures, Transactions and more.
- Difference between a Blockchain and a Distributed Ledger Technology. Different types of Distributed Ledgers Technologies.
- Difference between a Traditional Transaction and a Blockchain Transaction. How Blockchain supersedes the Traditional Architecture.
- A high-level overview of Bitcoin blockchain. Understanding Bitcoin working, Consensus Algorithms, Proof of Work, Mining, Cryptographic Puzzle, Concept of Difficulty, and Blockchain Limitations.
- A brief introduction to the Ethereum and other programmable blockchains. Its importance, working, components, consensus algorithms, Proof of Stake, Delegated Proof of Stake.
- The theory behind Smart Contracts. How to deploy a simple Smart Contract in Ethereum blockchain.
- Need for Permissioned blockchains in businesses. Role of Linux Foundation and R3 Consortium in crafting private distributed ledger technologies. Introduction to Hyperledger projects- Fabric, Sawtooth, Indy, Iroha. Understanding tools like Composer, Caliper, Aries, and more. Demo on how to run a Sawtooth network and deploy a sample application using Docker.
- The theory behind Corda, its components and working.
- Introduction to IPFS, BigChainDB, Storj, and other technologies complementing blockchain.
- Understanding the far-reaching implications of blockchain for society and the economy. Understanding practical use-cases of blockchain in industry sectors such as Healthcare, Supply chain, Governance, Banking, and more.
HOW TO ENROL FOR THIS COURSE?
Enrolling to this course is very easy. Click the Enrol button and sign-up by giving your name and e-mail address. Block your spot by verifying the confirmation e-mail sent to you. Start learning right away.
Obtain a Verified Certificate issued through Blockchain to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain at just 5000 + Applicable taxes
Official and Verified - Receive a certificate with the institution's and collaborator's logos to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
Blockchain-Powered - KBA will issue your certificates into Blockchain which can be verified in just one click. So your certificates will be tamper-proof and authentic.
Easily Sharable - You will get a unique URL for your certificate which can be added to your CV or resume, or share with anyone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is this course free?
A: Yes, this is a free course and you can learn the contents free of cost. There are six modules in this course and you have unlimited access to all of them once you enrol. At the end of the course, if you wish to obtain a verified certificate, then you have to pay INR 5000 + Applicable Taxes extra (for learners from India) or USD 100 + Applicable Taxes extra (for learners from outside India).
Q: What are the criteria for getting the certificate?
A: There are six modules in this course and at the end of each module there will be an assessment through MCQ. To get the certificate, you need to complete all the quizzes with at least 60% marks. After completing the quizzes you may pay the fees for acquiring the certificate.
Q: How and where can I opt for the certificate?
A:The online form to request the certificate and make the payment will be visible to you once you learn all the modules and attempt all the quizzes. Once you complete the end assessment formalities, you can submit the certificate request form and pay the required fee online. On receiving the payment, we will send the digital copy of your certificate to your registered e-mail address.
Q: How can I verify the issued certificate?
A: We will issue your certificate into a Blockchain. The authenticity of your certificate can be verified using https://verify.kba.ai.
Q: Who will be issuing the final certificate?
A: If you opt for the certificate, Kerala Blockchain Academy will issue your certificate which is co-stamped by the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K) and MLG Blockchain.
Q: How long a learner can access the contents?
A:Paid candidates will have life long access until the course is live on the website. Unpaid candidates will have FREE access to the course content for two months from the date of enrolment.
If you have any doubts related to this course or need further assistance, contact us at email@example.com